Student Illness

Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell. The College provides a First Aid attendant and has facilities to attend minor illness and injuries only. We are unable to provide a “Sick Bay” for unwell students who should be at home. If a student is feeling unwell at school, they obtain a pass from their classroom teacher and report to the First Aid Office. Students are not to call home themselves. The First Aid attendant will telephone home to have the student collected and signed out of school. Parents are requested NOT to collect students from the College without ensuring they are first signed out through either First Aid or General Office. We are not authorised to provide Panadol or similar medications to students. If there is an existing ailment, students are encouraged to bring their own medication from home. Parents are encouraged to contact our First Aid attendant if they wish her to administer prescribed medications. If a student is injured at school, first aid will be administered. If the injury requires further attention, parents will be contacted and/or an ambulance will be called if deemed necessary by the attending first aid staff. Parents/Guardians are responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including transport costs. The Department of Education & Training and Mount Erin College do not hold accident insurance for school students. JUA Underwriting Pty. Ltd. and Willis Australia Ltd. provides accident insurance policies for students.

Send a Message