Our current focus sports are AFL, Cricket, Basketball and Netball. The sports academy will consider ‘other sports’ but preference may be given to students playing our core sports.
Our selection process is based on the following key criteria: Students must maintain this criteria if they wish to remain in the program:
1. Sporting Ability
- Applicants must be performing and leading their personal best in a chosen sport
- Potential to play and lead in sport at a better level
- Have a desire to enhance personal and team performance
- Exhibits commitment to development
- Selection is not based on sporting performance alone
2. Academic Achievement
- Consistently achieving satisfactory results in all subject areas.
- Yr 7 – 9 applicants must be performing at the relevant Victorian Education Learning age standard or above across all subject areas.
3. Interpersonal Development
- Effort and attitude to learning must be positive across all subjects.
- Good to excellent behaviour across all subjects
- Meet Mount Erin College’s acronym ASPIRE.
Our selection process is based on the following key criteria.
- Initial application form submission available at http://www.mounterin.vic.edu.au or from Mount Erin Administration office.
- Contact will then be made in due course from the college to arrange an interview time with a member of the Sports Academy Team.
- Prior to/or at interview applicants are to provide a ‘sports portfolio’
- All documents must be photocopies
- Cover Photo
- Handwritten letter outlining why you would like to be in program
- Past sporting achievements
- Samples of work that you are proud of
- Last two school reports
- Year 5 NAPLAN results
- Any other awards and achievements
- Recommendation/reference letter for the program
- Students not successful will be placed on a group reserve list. Reserves will be reviewed when spaces are available and suitable candidates contacted.
Mount Erin College
Mount Erin College,
43 Robinsons Road
Frankston South, VIC 3199
P: (03) 5971 6000
How did we do?
Term 1: 28th Jan – 27th Mar
Term 2: 14th Apr – 26th June
Term 3: 13th July – 18th Sept
Term 4: 5th Oct – 18th Dec